Thursday, December 13, 2012

12 Things This Pregnant Woman in Her 8th Month Would Love for Christmas

Just over one month to go. I'm tired. Everything hurts. Actually, everything has hurt pretty much this entire pregnancy. I'm glad my oldest son's was fairly easy, or he could very well have been an only child. :)

I was thinking about my least favorite Christmas song, "The 12 Days of Christmas." I thought I would compile a "12 Things This Pregnant Woman in Her 8th Month Would Love for Christmas" list. I think lists are fun. So, bear with my silliness as I list away. :)

12. Grandma's Christmas wreath cookies (I'm hoping to have a few when I visit her in a week!)

11. An iMac (as I'd prefer one over my ancient PC, but am thankful it still runs :)). 

10. Healthy, quality, made-from-scratch gourmet meals each night that I don't have to make.

9. A clean oven (I've been stalling at cleaning mine since Thanksgiving when a few things spilled over).

8. Not to gain any extra weight while limiting my indulgence in the bounty of delicacies this time of year.

7. The bathroom sink to always be magically cleaned.

6. The new toilet installed in the basement bathroom; along with a complete remodel of the room.

5. The ability to sleep well each night (free of the baby's hiccups and kicking as soon as I hit the pillow).

4. A bowl of fresh blueberries, strawberries and raspberries to go with my steel-cut oatmeal every morning.

3. Dinner to a fine restaurant in downtown Chicago, with my husband.

2. The baby to turn vertex (head down) so that I can attempt a natural birth this time (hey, I ran a marathon this year, surely I can do this!).

And the most wonderful thing this pregnant woman would love to have for Christmas....
 
1. A masseuse on call everyday. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment