Monday, November 7, 2016

Psalm 131 {Finding Strength}

Psalm 131 (NASB)
Childlike Trust in the Lord.
A Song of Ascents, of David.
1 O Lord, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes haughty;
Nor do I involve myself in great matters,
Or in things too difficult for me.
2 Surely I have composed and quieted my soul;
Like a weaned child rests against his mother,
My soul is like a weaned child within me.
3 O Israel, hope in the LORD
From this time forth and forever.    

This has been one of my favorite Psalms lately.
It is so hard for me to trust the Lord-to just sit quietly and trust Him. To rest in His lap, so to speak, like a weaned child who is just content to sit with his mother.
The past few years God has shown me that He's more than capable of being trusted. History has proved that He looks out for and cares for His children-me personally as well as countless others. Though the circumstances, from my perspective, aren't always what I would prefer, I have found that His ways are good. Sometimes very difficult, but through them He is always good. I am learning to put my hope in the Lord.
Childlike? Yes.
Naive? Not at all. For I trust in the Creator of the universe, the sovereign God who does not sleep or slumber, who shows compassion to the suffering and give strength to the weary. He has done this for me. Daily I am learning that He can be trusted. My faith is in Him. Nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment