Friday, January 20, 2017

Someone greater than Jonah is here

In light of studying Jonah the past two weeks I think I can relate to him so very much. 

Today I was scrolling through some news media. I started to weep by the blood, the senseless killing, the downright wickedness of our culture. I think I can understand Jonah's desire to have nothing to do with Nineveh, and then expecting to see the destruction. 

I think if such repentance were to happen in our society, as it did in Nineveh, I might at first be excited but then begin to wonder if it was real and become rather skeptical and maybe annoyed, like Jonah. 
I remember hearing of people flooding the doors of churches after 911. Where are they now? Was it real?

Praise be to Yahweh that Someone greater than Jonah is here!
He is alive. 
Living in the hearts of His people. 
Jesus calls us to believe Him. How can I believe Him if I don't repent of my sinfulness and desire to follow Him the rest of my days?

Now for me to go out and proclaim it to this culture, no matter how feeble it may be. 
How can I think that He can't use me, insecure and unsure what to say?
Jonah's message was one sentence and God changed the hearts of over 120,000 people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment