Monday, April 23, 2012

Spring Evening

What a glorious spring day this turned out to be! This evening was no exception. Birds singing in full harmony, the sun cascading it's golden beams upon the earth below. The wind was a gentle breeze as J and I went for our first bike ride of the season. 

With all this training I've been doing for the Deadwood-Michelson Half Marathon in June, I haven't had any time for biking. Saturday my training schedule had me running eight miles. I ran from my house to Murdo and my family met me at the local pizza parlor. It was great to say that I ran eight miles, but the last two days my body has been feeling more pain then since I started training in February. Last Saturday I ran seven and didn't seem to feel any effects. Must be my age creeping in, right? ;)

Sundays are my off day from training. Today I was supposed to run four miles, but instead I biked the four miles. I realize I don't get the same workout, but I was still able to get one in and ease into running tomorrow. I'm supposed to do six... Sigh... It will be all worth it in the end, right?

This past winter I acquired a biking trailer and today was our first time testing it out. It worked great! I hardly felt the extra weight behind me. 

Upon arriving home, J and I sat on the swing and shared a water bottle while watching the sun set.

Now he's in bed and I get to spend time with my husband. Enjoy your evening!

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted you to know that I am reading your reflections and enjoying you from afar... I love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete