Saturday, December 3, 2016

And the days continue on...

Yesterday's post revealed some very raw emotions I feel as I grieve my Grandma's death. She had a way of making everyone in her family feel special and deeply loved by her. This has hit us all hard.

Today was a new day. While the emotions are still there, they weren't quite as heavy.

I went for a three mile run this morning. The wind was a little bitter but nothing I couldn't endure. I was snowed on for about half a mile and then the clouds moved on and the glorious winter colors in the sky peaked through. 
It was breathtaking! 
Being out in the morning does my soul good on so many levels. It helps me wake up, the fresh air rejuvenates me and the exercise leaves my body feeling alive. 

We ultrasounded the rest of our cows this morning. The ones that aren't preganant will go to the sale barn on Tuesday. 
My niece did the ultrasounding. She has her own ultrasound equipment and is pretty busy this time of year going around to several ranches. The sun was shining and the wind wasn't horrible. My sister-in-law was there to help. I always appreciate her steady hand and hard work ethic. Her, and my brother-in-law, have raised six wonderful girls and lost two precious boys. She only lives four miles from me. I am so thankful for her.  

Last night we set up the Christmas tree in the living room. The kids were so excited to decorate it once we had our work done with the cows today. Sometimes I feel a drudgery when it comes to setting up for Christmas. It turned out to be one of the best tree decorating days ever!

Usually I set up my nativity on top of the entertainment cabinet or my hutch. I asked the kids where they wanted it to go and Jacob suggested under the Christmas tree, like Great-Gram used to. His tender heart makes me love him all the more. 
We took our time setting up, stopping for lunch and then finishing a few little things. It really didn't take very long. We listened to the Michael W. Smith Holiday station on Pandora and later I lite a pine scented candle. I had some extra strands of lights and hung them up in the kids rooms on the windows. That was a big hit. 

This may seem boring just to rattle on about my day but to me, it was a wonderful day. 
The sight of the sky on my run, the feel of the sun on my face working cows, the laughter of my family, watching my kids play with their cousins. White twinkling lights, ornaments gifted by grandparents, traditions passed down. Smells, sounds, sights that remind me of the celebration of this time of year. 

The kids are eager for this year's birthday cake for Jesus. 
I am eager to celebrate Him, too. 
He came in such a lowly and strange way to save; to live, to die, to rise. 

All this to set me free.  

No comments:

Post a Comment