Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sting

Every once in a while I reach out, trying to mend and touch and return chaos back to order. Chaos I have either created, been caught in the middle of or been at the butt end . 

Occasionally it slaps me in the face. 

The sting is bitter. 

Do I press on? Do I try to mend it? Do I even bother trying again with the great possibility of being given a repeat mark across my face?

And then there are the scarce times when, undetected to others who have been involved in the chaos somehow, my reaching out brings things back to order, for a time...

Do I put myself out there when the possibility of being slapped is greater than that of the chaos returning to normal life? 

I think the occasional good can, for a short time, give relief from the constant sting of the blow.

No comments:

Post a Comment