Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hard Things {That I'm Learning}

I have been learning some very hard things lately. 

1) I am so incredibly selfish. 
 I'm realizing how much I whine (oh how I would love some wine right about now, and some smoked gouda) and complain, instead of rejoicing and looking at the good around me. I know there is so much, I just choose to see the bad.
 
2) I am married to a man who just won't give up {on me}. :)
He listens to me. Even when I whine. He's never told me to "shut up and get over it", although I'm sure he's thought it. :) He's patient and kind. Even when I'm rough and aggrivated.
 
3) Jesus really IS sufficiant.
While preparing dinner tonight, I put on the Keith & Kristyn Getty station on Pandora. I love the iPod dock that I have. The acoustics are wonderful. Songs of praise to Jesus have soothed my soul on this weary, dry, parched day.

4) I can't do this on my own. 
I have had several breakdowns the past few days. I'm not very strong. I struggle with emotions very deeply. I've been hurt so many times that I try to just go on, but then days happen like the past that they all come tumbling down. Past, present, and those I think could happen. 
I will spare you the details as they really need to be put past me. I just don't know how with a few of them, as I am faced with them weekly.

5) Children are a blessing.
It's so hard to remember this on days/weeks/months that I feel horrible every moment from this second pregnancy. It really doesn't make me excited for this new one. And I find I get too easily aggravated with my son, who right now is so cute and content playing with his tractors while we wait for supper to finish baking (why I'm running the oven on a 101 degree day is a very good question).

I think my dinner is done. So this will come to a close. If you are struggling and battling with life, I encourage you to look at what the Lord may be teaching you. What are the good things in it?

A few hours ago I would not have even wanted to consider it. But now, my heart has been soothed by the presence of Jesus, by the prayers of others, by the sweet smile of a little boy and by the steadfast love of a faithful husband. 

Jesus is sufficient. 
God is faithful.
Peace has come to this weary soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment