Saturday, February 11, 2012

Chai Tea and Green Foliage



The air is crisp, the sky bright blue, the sun warm. The sky an unending expanse. 
The man with the cowboy hat is mine. He cherishes me. He brought me to his favorite place on earth. Here I am his wife. He provides for me. He loves me beyond any other human being. He is my best friend.

I love being his wife. I love keeping his home. Being his helper. Sharing laughs and life's joys with him.

When the man is working and I am home keeping it for him, I gaze into the sky.
I am far from home. 
Far from some of the deepest friendship I've had. In this land of scarce trees and open prairie vistas it is lonely. Good friends aren't easily found.

Three years ago I asked the Lord to bring me a friend. Someone who loves Him deeply and who I can learn from. 

He brought me a friend. She moved with her family to this open land three years ago. 

I'd forgotten I'd asked the Lord for this. Recently I realized what a good friend she'd become and then I remembered my petition to the Lord. 

How He answered that prayer beyond what I'd expected.

She does love Him deeply, too. She challenges me in being a godly wife and mother. She is an example to me of one who is patient, kind, bringing honor to her family. 

I am so thankful for you! Thank you for your friendship. 




No comments:

Post a Comment