Monday, February 20, 2012

Stars

Stars 
by David Crowder Band

You should see the stars tonight/how they shimmer shine so bright
Against the black they look so white/comin' down from such a height
To reach me now, You reach me now
You should see the moon in the flight/ cuttin' cross the misty night
Softly dancin' in sunshine/ reflections of this light
Reach me now, You reach me now

And how could such a thing/ shine its light on me
And make everything beautiful again

And you should feel the sun in the spring/ comin' out after a rain
Suddenly all is green/sunshine on everything
  I can feel it now, I feel You now
And how could such a thing/ shine its light on me
And make everything beautiful

And you should hear the angels sing/ all gathered round their king
More beautiful than you could dream/ I've been quietly listening
You can hear 'em now, I hear 'em now

And how could such a king/shine His light on me
And make everything 
Beautiful 
And I wanna shine/I wanna be light
  I wanna tell you it'll be alright 
And I wanna shine and I wanna fly
Just to tell you now
It'll be alright, it'll be alright
It'll be alright.

'Cus I got nothing of my own to give to You
But this light that shines on me shines on you
And makes everything beautiful, again.
It'll be alright, it'll be alright.


South Dakota seemed so small and so full for just a few short days. Long distances felt anything but what they are.

The snow is now flying and the state seems so vast and lonely. Life returns back to normal as a carload of a few of my favorite people in the world head back across the territory towards their home. 

What a wonderful time of laughter, remembering our childhood and the good times we'd had, singing silly songs to the children, glasses filled with wine and gourmet home cooking. 

J had spent so much time with his aunts, uncles and little cousin that he didn't have time to play in his toy box. The toys are now scattered throughout the living room as his little world goes back to normal.

The past few days we explored the Black Hills, Spearfish Canyon and a winery while dining in one of my favorite restaurants in South Dakota (Roma's, in Spearfish). 
We enhanced our skills with a firearm, went riding, gazed at the darkened starry sky, washed the endless dishes together, made up silly songs and enjoyed the warm temperatures.

Prairie Berry Winery


Spearfish Canyon

I often wish that I was closer geographically to my family, but the distance makes the limited time more precious and treasured. 


1 comment:

  1. Marty's dad told me about your special company. What joy for you to be able to spend some time with family. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete