Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Snowy Morning, Reading

I sat on the couch mid-morning and propped my feet on my homemade coffee table, crafted with wood from an old grainary I'd torn down. I gazed out the window at the wind sculpted snow drifts and the wisps caught in the screen of my front window. The inside of my house is cozy and comfy. 

J climbs up on the couch and snuggles next to me. I pick up a new book I've wanted to start reading and open it. J seems to think that I shouldn't read it. But being the kind mother that I strive to be, I don't let him get his way. He is the child, I am the mother. We are going to read a book. 

He decides it must be a good idea and leaves the couch in search of one of his own. I soon find him laying next to me with his little head in my lap and his feet propped up on a pillow. That must have been equivalent to me with mine on the coffee table.

We sit for at least 20 minutes each lost in our book, cuddling together and enjoying each others company as we fill our minds with words and pictures.

Such sweet bliss to add to this cozy feeling in my house. My favorite times spent with my son are those where we snuggle together. He's not always a very cuddly guy as he loves exploring and moving. I deeply savor these precious moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment